Day 1: Mendoza City – Vallecitos
(2,900 masl – 9,512 feet). Trasfer to Vallecitos Ski Resort. Dinner and refuge nigh.
Day 2: Vallecitos - Piedra Grande
(3,400 masl – 11,152 feet). Move to base camp. Acclimatizing hike. Tent night. Full board.
Day 3: Piedra Grande - Summit - Piedra Grande
(4,833 masl. – 15,852 feet). Long day to summit. Return to the high camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 4: Piedra Grande - Vallecitos - Mendoza.
(750 masl. – 2,460 feet). Breakfast. Hike down to Vallecitos Ski Resort. Transfer to Mendoza. End of services.
This itinerary is subject to changes due to weather or force majeure conditions that put in risk the group security. Decision and changes are to be taken by the guide according to their criteria, knowledge and experience, and any modification will always be for the safety of the group.
- Bilingual Mountain Guides (Ratio: 1 Guide per 3/4 customers).
- All private transfers:
- Mendoza City – Vallecitos – Mendoza City.
- 1 Refuge nights in Vallecitos (dinner & breakfast).
- All meals during the expedition.
- High altitude cooking gear.
- High quality mountain tents.
- First aid kit.
- Radio communication.
- Global Positioning System equipment (GPS).
What's not included
- Personal equipment
- Accident and rescue insurance.
- Rescue expenses and emergency evacuation costs.
- Extra expenses cash.
- Hotel extra night.
- Drinks and meals not specified.
- Altitude porter for personal loads.
- Any extra service not specified in include ítem.
General and climbing equipment:
- double boots or Trekking boots.
- Socks: 3 pairs
- 1 Long sleeve thermal shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 T-shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Polar / fleece Jacket.
- 1 Goretex Jacket.
- 1 Long underwear pant. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Trekking pant. Dryloft.
- 1 Warm hat. wool or polar-tec.
- 1 Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Sun hat. with neck protection.
- 1 Head lamp. With extra batteries. Petzl / Black Diamond
- 1 Sunglasses. 100% UV protection.
- 1 Buff
- 1 Light gloves. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Fleece and Waterproof Gloves for cold weather.
- Down sleeping bag - 15° C.
- Expedition backpack. 70 litres
- 1 trekking Poles.
- grampons 12 points.
- Pocket knife. Victorinox or Leatherman tool.
- 2 Drinking bottle - with hermetic closing.
- 1 thermo
- Toiletries: Toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, wet wipes.
- 1 Sun Block. UV 50 at least.
- 1 Lips cream. UV 40.
- 1 Hydrating cream.
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit. Simple and light. (Compeed, analgesic, disinfectant)