Day 1: Mendoza City - Pedestrian Bridge - Base Camp
(3.400 m.s.n.m - 11,152 pies). Reception and gear check. Transfer from Mendoza to the pedestrain bridge. Start 4 hrs hiking into the valley to base camp.
Day 2: Base Camp - Summit - Base Camp
(4.351 m.s.n.m - 14,271 pies). Early in the morning 5 AM we start moving uphill to summit. We expect summiting at midday and then descend to base camp.
Day 3: Base Camp - Pedestrian Bridge - Mendoza City
After breakfast we start descending to the pedestrian bridge and then get our transfer to Mendoza city. We expect to arrival at 3 pm. End of Services.
This itinerary is subject to changes due to weather or force majeure conditions that put in risk the group security. Decision and changes are to be taken by the guide according to their criteria, knowledge and experience, and any modification will always be for the safety of the group.
- Bilingual mountain guide.
- Private transfer:
- 1- Mendoza - Pedestrian Bridge in Penitentes.
2- Pedestrian Bridge - Mendoza.
- 2 Base Camp nights (Full board)
- All meals during the expedition.
- Altitude cooking gear.
- High quality altitude tents.
- First aid kit.
- Radio communication.
- Global Positioning System equipment (GPS).
What's not included
- Personal trekking gear.
- Meals and drinks not specified.
- Hotel or refuge night.
- Mule or altitude porter for carrying loads.
- Any extra service not specified in include ítem.
General and climbing equipment:
- Trekking boots.
- Socks: 3 pairs
- 1 Long sleeve thermal shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 T-shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Polar / fleece Jacket.
- 1 Goretex Jacket.
- 1 Long underwear pant. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Trekking pant. Dryloft.
- 1 Warm hat. wool or polar-tec.
- 1 Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Sun hat. with neck protection.
- 1 Head lamp. With extra batteries. Petzl / Black Diamond
- 1 Sunglasses. 100% UV protection.
- 1 Buff
- 1 Light gloves. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Fleece and Waterproof Gloves for cold weather.
- Down sleeping bag - 15° C.
- Expedition backpack. 70 litres
- 1 trekking Poles.
- Pocket knife. Victorinox or Leatherman tool.
- 2 Drinking bottle - with hermetic closing.
- 1 thermo
- Toiletries: Toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, wet wipes.
- 1 Sun Block. UV 50 at least.
- 1 Lips cream. UV 40.
- 1 Hydrating cream. optional
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit. Simple and light. (Compeed, analgesic, disinfectant)