Day 1: Airport – La Rioja City – Fiambalá – Cortaderas
(3,300 masl – 10,824 feet). Transfer in. Transfer to Fiambalá. Brake. Transfer to Chaschuil Valley, to Cortaderas hotel. Dinner and hotel night.
Day 2: Cortaderas – Las Losas
(3,700 masl – 12,136 feet). Transfer to Las Losas. Acclimatization hike. Tent or precarious refuge night. Full board.
Day 3: Las Losas – Falso Morocho Peak – La Gruta Village
(4,088 masl – 13,408 feet). Transfer to La Gruta. Acclimatization climb to Falso Morocho Peak (4,500 masl/14,760 feet). Refuge night. Full board.
Day 4: La Gruta Village – San Francisco Pass
(5,100 masl – 16,728 feet). Private transfer to La Gruta. Acclimatization hike. Refuge night. Full board.
Day 5: San Francisco Pass – Los Aparejos Lagoon
(4,700 masl – 15,416 feet). 4×4 Transfer to Los Aparejos Lagoon (4.190 masl – 13,743 feet). Tent night. Full board.
Day 6: Los Aparejos Lagoon – Pissis Base Camp
(4,600 masl – 15,088 feet). 4×4 Transfer to Mar del Plata Base Camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 7: Base Camp – Camp 1 – Base Camp
(5,360 masl – 17,581 feet). Port day to the first altitude camp. Return to base camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 8: Base Camp – Camp 1
(5,360 masl – 17,581 feet). Move to camp 1. Tent night. Full board.
Day 9: Camp 1
(5,360 masl – 17,581 feet). Rest and recovering journey. Tent night. Full board.
Day 10: Camp 1 – Camp 2
(5,900 masl – 19,352 feet). Move to the second altitude camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 11: Camp 2 – Summit – Camp 2
(6,793 masl – 22,281 feet). Hard day to the Summit. Return to the second altitude camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 12: Camp 2 – Base Camp – Cortaderas
(5,900 masl – 19,352 feet). Return to base camp. Transfer to Cortaderas. Hotel night. Full board.
Day 13: Extra day
Spare journey to be used in case of bad weather.
Day 14: Cortaderas – Fiambalá – La Rioja (Airport)
(3,300 masl – 10,824 feet). Breakfast. Transfer to Fiambalá. Snack. Transfer to La Rioja Airport (515 msnm/1,689 pies). End of services.
This itinerary is subject to changes due to weather or force majeure conditions that put in risk the group security. Decision and changes are to be taken by the guide according to their criteria, knowledge and experience, and any modification will always be for the safety of the group.
- Bilingual Mountain Guides (Ratio: 1 Guide per 3/4 customers).
- All private transfers:
- Transfer in-out (Airport – La Rioja City).
- La Rioja City – Fiambalá – Cortaderas.
- Cortaderas – Las Losas.
- Las Losas – La Gruta Village.
- La Gruta Village – San Francisco Pass.
- San Francisco Pass – Los
- Aparejos Lagoon.
- Los Aparejos Lagoon – Pissis Base Camp.
- Pissis Base Camp – Cortaderas.
- Cortaderas – Fiambalá – La Rioja City.
- 1 Snack in Fiambalá.
- 2 Hotel nights in Cortaderas (Dinner & Breakfast).
- 1 Refuge night in La Gruta (Full Board).
- All meals during the expedition.
- High altitude tents.
- High altitude cooking gear.
- All meals during the climb.
- First aid kit.
- Radio communication.
- Global Positioning System equipment (GPS).
- Satelital phone.
What’s not included
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Any transfer not specified.
- Accident and rescue insurance.
- Rescue expenses and emergency evacuation costs.
- Altitude porter for personal loads.
- Drinks in Cortaderas dinners.
- Any extra service not speciﬁed in include ítem.
- Plastic boots: double or triple, with removable liner. Suggestion: La Sportiva Spantic, Scarpa Phantom Guide.
- Trekking shoes. Suggestion: La Sportiva Boulder, Assolo Salyan.
- Comfortable and lightweight shoes for rest days at base camp.
- Gore-Tex + Cordura.
- Merino wool or polypropylene – 2 pairs (warm layer).
- Polypropylene – 1 pair (liner layer).
- Cotton – 2 pairs (to be used in the approach).
- 2 Long sleeve thermal shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 T-shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 Polar / fleece Jacket.
- 1 Softshell Jacket (Opcional).
- 1 Goretex Jacket.
- 1 Down Jacket. Suggestion: The North Face Baltoro. (-20° C).
- 2 T-Shirt.
- 2 Long underwear pant. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 fleece trousers
- 1 Goretex pant.Waterproof/ breathable
- 1 Trekking pant. Dryloft.
- 1 Warm hat. wool or polar-tec.
- 1 Polypropylene or capilene.
- Climbing Helmet. Certified.
- 1 Sun hat. with neck protection.
- 1 Head lamp. With extra batteries. Petzl / Black Diamond
- 2 Sunglasses. 100% UV protection. Must have side covers. Category 4 or more (Julbo or Bolle).
- 1 Goggles.
- 1 Buff
General and climbing equipment:
- 2 Light gloves. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Fleece and Waterproof Gloves for cold weather.
- 1 Warm down mittens..
- 1 Over mittens: Goretex.
- Large duffel bag with lock (120). For transporting gear.
- Smaller duffel with lock.
- Down sleeping bag -30° C.
- Therm-a-rest mat. -1. + Mattress
- Expedition backpack. 75 – 90 litres
- Day pack 30 – 45 litres. (optional)
- 1 Traverse Ice axe.
- crampons 12 points.
- 1 trekking Poles.
- Pocket knife. Victorinox or Leatherman tool.
- Plate, fork, spoon, cup, glass. Unbreakable set for high camps.
- 1 Pee bottle. Pee Funnel (for women). Suggested: Freshets.
- 2 Drinking bottle – with hermetic closing.
- 1 thermo
- Toiletries: Toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, wet wipes.
- 1 Sun Block. UV 50 at least.
- 1 Lips cream. UV 40.
- 1 Hydrating cream.
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit. Simple and light. (Compeed, analgesic, disinfectant)
- Ear plugs. for windy nights.
- Hand warmers: for summit push (no direct contact with skin)