Day 1: Airport – La Paz City
(3,650 masl – 11,972 feet). Transfer to La Paz City. Hotel night.
Day 2: La Paz City - Copacabana
(3,840 masl – 12,840 feet). Transfer to Titicaca Lake coast. Transfer by boat in Tiquina Strait. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 3 Copacabana – Sun Island
(4,000 masl – 13,120 feet). Transfer by boat to Sun Island. Acclimatization trail. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 4: Sun Island - Copacabana – La Paz City
(3,650 masl – 11,972 feet). Boat transfer back to Copacabana coast. Transfer to La Paz. Hotel night. Full board.
Day 5: La Paz City – Sajama Town
(4,400 masl – 14,432 feet). Transfer to Sajama Town. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 6: Sajama Town – Sajama Base Camp
(4,777 masl - 15,669 feet). Hike to the base camp, crossing keñua forests. Tent night. Full board.
Day 7: Sajama Base Camp - La Apacheta
(5,250 masl – 17,220 feet). Move to the middle camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 8: La Apacheta – High Camp
(5,800 masl – 19,024 feet). Move to the high altitude camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 9: High Camp – Sajama Volcano Summit – High Camp
(6,542 masl – 21,458 feet). Hard day to the summit. Return to the high camp. Tent night. Full board.
Day 10: High Camp - Sajama Town
(4,400 masl – 14,432 feet). Descent to Sajama Town. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 11: Sajama Town
(4.400 masl – 14,432 feet). Rest journey in hot springs. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 12: Sajama Town
(4.400 masl – 14,432 feet). Preparation day for Parinacota volcano climbing: rest and hydration. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 13: Sajama Town – Parinacota High Camp – Parinacota Volcano Summit – Sajama Town
(6,342 masl – 20,802 feet). Transfer to the high camp. Hard climb to the summit. Return to the high camp. Transfer back to Sajama Town. Hostel night. Full board.
Day 14: Sajama Town – La Paz City
(3,650 masl – 11,972 feet). Transfer to La Paz City. Final dinner and hotel night. Full board.
Day 15: La Paz City – Airport
(4,000 masl – 13,120 feet). Breakfast. Transfer to the airport. End of our Services.
This itinerary is subject to changes due to weather or force majeure conditions that put in risk the group security. Decision and changes are to be taken by the guide according to their criteria, knowledge and experience, and any modification will always be for the safety of the group.
- Bilingual Mountain Guides (Ratio: 1 Guide per 3/4 customers).
- All private transfers:
- Airport - La Paz City - Airport.
- La Paz City - Copacabana - La Paz City.
- La Paz City - Sajama Town - La Paz City.
- Sajama Town – Parinacota High Camp Sajama Town.
- Transfer by boat: Tiquina Strait / Copacabana Town - Sun Island - Copacabana Town.
- 3 Hotel nights in La Paz (dinner - breakfast).
- 7 Hostel nights in Copacabana Town / Sun Island / Sajama Town (Full-board).
- All meals during tthe expedition.
- High quality mountain tents and cooking gear.
- Entrance permit to Sajama National Park.
- Loads moving in Sajama Volcano:
- Pack donkeys: Sajama Town - Base Camp - Sajama Town (Personal loads -up to 20 kg.-)
- Altitude porter: Base Camp - High Camp - Base Camp (General equipment).
- First aid kit.
- Radio communication.
- Global positioning system equipment (GPS)
What's not included
- Personal climbing equipment.
- Air Tickets to/from La Paz.
- Accident and rescue insurance.
- Rescue expenses and emergency evacuation costs.
- Extra expenses cash.
- Drinks and meals not specified.
- Altitude porter for personal loads.
- Any extra service not specified in include ítem.
- Plastic boots: double or triple, with removable liner. Suggestion: La Sportiva Spantic, Scarpa Phantom Guide.
- Trekking shoes. Suggestion: La Sportiva Boulder, Assolo Salyan.
- Comfortable and lightweight shoes for rest days at base camp.
- Gaiters Gore-Tex + Cordura.
- Merino wool or polypropylene - 2 pairs (warm layer).
- Polypropylene - 1 pair (liner layer).
- 4 pairs (to be used in the approach).
- 2 Long sleeve thermal shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 T-shirt. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 Polar / fleece Jacket.
- 1 Softshell Jacket (Opcional).
- 1 Goretex Jacket.
- 1 Down Jacket. Suggestion: The North Face Baltoro. (-20° C).
- 2 T-Shirt.
- 2 Long underwear pant. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 2 fleece trousers
- 1 Goretex pant.Waterproof/ breathable
- 1 Trekking pant. Dryloft.
- 1 Warm hat. wool or polar-tec.
- 1 Polypropylene or capilene.
- Climbing Helmet. Certified.
- 1 Sun hat. with neck protection.
- 1 Head lamp. With extra batteries. Petzl / Black Diamond
- 2 Sunglasses. 100% UV protection. Must have side covers. Category 4 or more (Julbo or Bolle).
- 1 Goggles.
- 1 Buff
General and climbing equipment:
- 2 Light gloves. Polypropylene or capilene.
- 1 Fleece and Waterproof Gloves for cold weather.
- 1 Warm down mittens..
- 1 Over mittens: Goretex.
- Large duffel bag with lock (120). For transporting gear.
- Smaller duffel with lock
- Expedition backpack. 75 - 90 litres
- Day pack 30 - 45 litres. (optional)
- Down sleeping bag -30° C.
- Therm-a-rest mat. -1. + Mattress
- 1 Traverse Ice axe.
- crampons 12 points.
- 1 trekking Poles.
- Pocket knife. Victorinox or Leatherman tool.
- Plate, fork, spoon, cup, glass. Unbreakable set for high camps.
- 1 Pee bottle. Pee Funnel (for women). Suggested: Freshets.
- 2 Drinking bottle - with hermetic closing.
- 1 Thermo
- Toiletries: Toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, wet wipes.
- 2 Towel
- 1 Sun Block. UV 50 at least.
- 1 Lips cream. UV 40.
- 1 Hydrating cream.
- Personal medications
- Personal first aid kit. Simple and light. (Compeed, analgesic, disinfectant)
- Ear plugs. for windy nights.
- Hand warmers: for summit push (no direct contact with skin)